Scrap Car Birmingham FAQ's
HOW DOES YOUR SERVICE WORK?
1. Please begin by submitting your car by using the Sell My Car Form
2. Within 30 minutes we will contact you with an offer (In £)
3. Once our offer is accepted your local agent will contact you to arrange a removal date & time.
4. Once the driver arrives, payment is made, all the paperwork is completed and the scrap car is loaded onto the truck.
5. Your vehicle will then be transferred to our one of our storage depots.
6. DVLA are notified.
7. You will then receive confirmation confirming your car has been transferred.
HOW LONG IS QUOTE VALID FOR?
Our quotes are valid for 20 days.
IS MY QUOTE GUARANTEED?
YES we guarantee to pay the price quoted provided the car matches the description given & the car is complete with no parts removed.
We allow for age related damage e.g. minor scratches, dents, wear & tear etc.
(But for example if stated in your quote that car starts & drives and on arrival there gearbox is faulty, in this case the quote would need to be redone)
HOW DO YOU PAY?
Our prefer payment method is Bank Transfer (Other methods are available if required)
WILL YOU INFORM DVLA?
We guarantee the DVLA will be notified in compliance with all government & environmental legislation.
At the point of collection the driver will stamp the yellow slip on your V5 (Logbook), to transfer the liability of the vehicle to us from that time & date.
You can either go online and transfer instantly or via post which take a few weeks.
I DON'T HAVE V5c (LOGBOOK) CAN I STILL SELL MY CAR?
Yes, please let us know before have and we can supply a transfer letter for DVLA on your behalf.
CAN I LEAVE RUBBISH IN THE CAR?
CAN I SELL MY CAR WITH FINANCE?
Yes but the finance must either be paid off by you before collection or we pay off balance as part of our payment.
Please remove any odd receipts from the vehicle or other paperwork with your address on & if there is a SatNav wipe the address’s.
HOW LONG DOES COLLECTION TAKE?
WHAT HAPPENS AT POINT OF COLLECTION?
Since Covid we operate a contactless collection by:
1. We ask you to keep 2 Metres away from the collecting agent.
2. No paper invoice, a link to view it will be sent to you via text message.
3. Payment is made by Bank Transfer - (This is done at point of collection)
4. When the driver arrives he'll call you, at this point place key and V5C on driver seat, then go to a safe distance away from the driver and loading area.
5. Call office for payment.
6. Driver returns remainder of V5 (yellow slip) back to you to post or transfer online with DVLA.